Frequently Asked Questions about Art&Seek
Art&Seek is an information service that includes radio reports, television broadcasts and a new Web site where North Texans can find, discuss, create and react to art. Art&Seek is a service from KERA for North Texas and beyond.
At artandseek.org you’ll find feature stories written by KERA staff and contributors. You’ll also find the Art&Seek blog where you can comment on stories and join the discussion about the arts in North Texas. The Art&Seek calendar lets users search arts and entertainment events by date, category and region.
Questions? E-mail to email@example.com.
What is the Art&Seek calendar?
It is a free calendar that lists and showcases art and culture-related activities in North Texas. The guide offers the latest information on events, activities, venues and organizations. North Texas residents and visitors to the region can easily access this information at artandseek.org. Events on the Art&Seek calendar at ArtandSeek.org may be selected for the Art&Seek calendar that airs on KERA FM and KXT FM Mon.-Fri.
Who is represented in the Art&Seek calendar?
- Venues: Places where public events are held at a specific time. Examples: performing arts centers, concert halls, music clubs.
- Attractions: Places people visit whether an event is occurring or not. Examples: museums, galleries, libraries, universities.
- Presenters: Organizations that present or sponsor events, usually at a venue. Examples: an arts or crafts club, a dance company, a community organization or a cultural advocacy group.
How can I be listed on the Art&Seek calendar?
There are three steps:
1. Create a profile. You only have to do this once. Please include the following information:
- A brief, general description of your mission and services
- A color photograph of your facility, logo or featured performance or activity
- Address and phone number
- Driving directions and parking information
- Hours and admission information
- Accessibility and special programs or services
2. After your profile has been created, you can complete a form to submit events. Organizations with large schedules can complete a pre-formatted Excel spreadsheet provided by KERA, which will be uploaded onto the system.
3. Your event will be linked to your profile and/or the venue where the event is being held. Google Maps will be provided to your venue.
How do I use the Art&Seek calendar?
Visitors can search events by date, category and region. You will be provided with a list of options. Click on a specific page and you’ll get detailed information about the event and Google map to the location. If additional directions are provided by the organization, they will be included.
You’ll also find important information about admission rates, hours and parking. An advanced search feature allows visitors to narrow categories —for example, family-friendly performances occurring in a specific area.
Feature pages spotlight special events and attractions, such as festivals, city-wide seasonal events, and regional campaigns. Each category has a feature page.
Are there any special or “miscellaneous” categories where my organization might fit in?
Yes. There are 22 categories featured in the calendar and many more subcategories. North Texans can learn about offerings in the performing arts, music and visual arts, as well as festivals, free events, events for children and families, and those involving the culinary arts, to name but a sampling of the categories.
Can my organization list classes and workshops?
Yes. We have a category on the calendar for classes and workshops. We welcome classes that are sponsored or presented by recognized groups or educational institutions. They must be held in public locations and open to the public at large. Please – no private teachers.
If I know of another group that should be represented on the Art&Seek calendar, what should I do?
Send them a link to this page. All presenting organizations and venues are invited to be listed in the guide. Tell a friend. Spread the word.
Can I get a feed of Art&Seek calendar for my organization’s Web site calendar?
Yes. Any not-for-profit arts group can customize information from the Art&Seek calendar and create a calendar of events that blends seamlessly into their own site. The Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and KXT.org both use the Art&Seek calendar on its site. We hope other groups will consider using this feature.