- Reception: Combinations 2014: TWU Visual Arts Faculty with Guests
Tuesday, September 2Texas Woman's University - Art GalleriesTexas Woman’s University faculty and invited area artists have contributed work for the exhibition “Combinations 2014.” See sculptures, paintings, experimental video, and more in an opening reception at TWU’s Art Gallery in Denton.
- Nice Work If You Can Get It
Through Sunday, September 14Music Hall at Fair ParkThe music of the Gershwins gets a fresh setting in the musical “Nice Work if You Can Get It.” The song-and-dance show is classic Broadway, and it plays at Music Hall at Fair Park.
- Garland Eyes Photography Exhibit
Through Sunday, October 19Granville Arts CenterThe story of Garland and its people is told through photographs in the Garland Eyes Photography Exhibit. Check out the images at Granville Arts Center Gallery.
For this week’s Art & Seek Spotlight, we’re making our way to Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth for the second annual Clearfork Music Festival. This kick-off to the Labor Day weekend features craft beers and art installations as well as music by The Burning Hotels, Larry G(EE), and others. For more information on the Clearfork […]
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Dallas DanceFest is back, Dallas Farmer’s Market opens its major renovation in time for Labor Day weekend, and more.
Six small theater and dance companies are headed to the sixth-floor Studio Theatre in the Wyly. Each has a one-shot show between now and spring. Is the Elevator Project going to take them anywhere?
Five stories that have North Texas talking: The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will simulcast The AT&T Gala at Klyde Warren Park, strange street names in North Texas neighborhoods, and more.
This house on Lower Greenville is a hangout for DIY-ers.
Aug. 25-Sept. 1On KERA Radio This Week
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 7 p.m.: The Hayloft Gang: Story of the National Barn Dance
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Front and Center: Here Come the Mummies
- Friday, 7:30 p.m.: American Masters: Dorothea Lange: Grab a Hunk of Lightning
- Sunday, 7:30 p.m.: Frozen Music
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show