- Wednesday Series: Art in Context
Wednesday, October 22Kimbell Art MuseumThe lecture “Palaces and Temples, Deserts and Gardens: Journey through China” brings you on a journey through the Kimbell Art Museum’s collection of Asian art. Find out how and why these sculptures, paintings, and pottery were created.
- Top Girls
Through Sunday, October 26Southern Methodist University - Owen Arts CenterWomen from history, real and fictitious, are invited to a dinner party. Watch what happens in this play at SMU’s Owen Arts Center.
- “Northern Exposure” Contemporary Art Exhibit
Through Friday, October 31Visit AddisonArt ranging from abstract to experimental by emerging and recognized artists is on display in the exhibition “Northern Exposure.” The works represent more than ten local galleries, and you can see them at The Gallery at Visit Addison.
History, crime, and a love story set in Dallas, all wrapped up in a Broadway musical. WaterTower Theatre in Addison tackles Bonnie & Clyde.
WaterTower Theater presents the area premiere of the Broadway musical, Bonnie & Clyde, the very rare musical that’s actually set hereabouts. But being wonderfully faithful to the setting or the period is not the problem here.
Halloween is almost here! Here are this week’s picks for scary fun for you and your little monsters.
Oct. 20 - 26On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - In the upcoming movie Dear White People, a riot breaks out on an Ivy League campus when four black students object to an African-American-themed party thrown by their white classmates. This hour, we’ll talk about what the satire has to say about racial identity with the film’s writer and director, Justin Simien.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: Frame of Mind: SXSW
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Great Performances - Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Austin City Limits: Nine Inch Nails
- Friday, 11 p.m.: Live From the Artists Den VIII: Lily Allen
- Sunday, 9:30 p.m: Water Garden
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show