- AfroHORN hits Dallas! - D'JAM
Thursday, April 24Latino Cultural CenterAs part of Dallas Jazz Appreciation Month and in support of a new CD, AfroHORN heads to Dallas. Catch the Avant-garde jazz performance at the Latino Cultural Center.
- Opening Reception: Scope
Thursday, April 24Zhen Music and Arts InstituteThe exhibition “Scope” features photography and paintings by two local artists. Check out the opening reception at Zhen Music and Arts Institute in Dallas.
- Theatre Northwest presents The Shape of Things
Through Saturday, April 26Tarrant County College - Northwest CampusA shy student doesn’t realize he’s the test subject of an artistic project. But has the artist gone too far? Find out in Theatre Northwest’s production of the play “The Shape of Things” at Tarrant County College in Fort Worth.
Congratulations to Michael Tooke of Coppell, the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest!
Fly By Night and Fortress of Solitude have opening dates in New York.
For more than 100 years, a family of Fort Worth photographers has captured vivid scenes across Dallas-Fort Worth and around the state. Four generations of Williams photographers have shot thousands of images, ranging from Pancho Villa’s soldiers to author Larry McMurtry, from western landscapes to street life in Fort Worth. KERA’s Anne Bothwell talks to Byrd Williams IV, the last photographer in the line.
This Saturday at 9 p.m., tune in to hear hosts Catherine Cuellar and Randy Gordon chat up Marilynne Robinson. Art&Seek presents The Writers Studio on KERA FM 90.1. The series of interviews with some of our most accomplished authors is produced by The Writer’s Garret. Robinson has been called by the London Times, “The world’s […]
See why this Big Deal is both a music concert and dance performance in one.
April 21-27 On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - S.E. Hinton became a literary star while still a teenager when her novel The Outsiders was published in 1967. It's remained a popular title over the years and has been chosen as the focus of the 2014 Big D Reads program. Hinton will talk about the origins of the book and the role it's played in her life.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Monday, 8 p.m.: Independent Lens - Muscle Shoals (repeats Friday, 10 p.m.)
- Thursday, 7 p.m.: Cool Spaces!
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Live From the Artists Den - Sheryl Crow
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Great Performances - Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty
- Sunday, 1 p.m.: Great Performances - Falstaff
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show