- Rick Steves’ The Holy Land: Israelis and Palestinians Today
Wednesday, October 1Winspear Opera HouseThe travel guru shares his experiences in Israel and Palestine in this presentation at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas.
- Art & Words Show
Through Saturday, October 4Art on the BoulevardVisual artists have collaborated with writers to create complimentary works for the Art & Words Show. The works are on display at Art on the Boulevard in Fort Worth.
- Black Snow by Mikhail Bulgakov
Through Sunday, October 5Southern Methodist University - Greer Garson Theatre in Owen Arts Center“Black Snow” is a comic novel about censorship and the backstage craziness at the Moscow Art Theatre. Adapted into a farce by Keith Reddin, it’s being staged at SMU’s Greer Garson Theatre.
Congratulations to Jordan B. Hartman of Dallas, the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest!
For those of you who just can’t get enough of fall festivals, here are 5 more opportunities to celebrate Autumn.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: the Granada Theater celebrates 10 years as a concert venue, a former SMU arts dean gives the thumbs-up to video college applications, and more.
Jose Bowen left SMU to run Goucher College in July. Now Goucher is the first college with an app for accepting video applications.
Dating a UT-Austin prof who’s living in a dumpster, North Texas’ 20 billionaires and, oh yeah, something about a lieutenant-governor debate tonight: It’s the High Five.
Sept. 29 - Oct. 5On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 12 p.m.: Think - Between texting and tweeting, the English language is suffering through tough times. We’ll talk this hour about how we can reclaim the art of prose with Steven Pinker, author of The Sense of Style: The Thinking Person’s Guide to Writing in the 21st Century..
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Tuesday, 9 p.m.: Makers- Women in Comedy
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Works from Greenhill School
- Thursday, 10:30 p.m.: Film School Shorts II
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Austin City Limits Celebrates 40 years
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Austin City Limits: Coldplay
- Friday, 11 p.m.: Live From the Artists Den VIII: Tim McGraw
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show