- Echo Reads: Assistance
Tuesday, September 16Bath House Cultural CenterThis season, Echo Reads… brings you plays about working for a living. Head to Bath House Cultural Center for a staged reading of “Assistance,” produced by Echo Theatre.
- Oral Fixation: An Obsession with True Life Tales; Best of Season 3
Tuesday, September 16WaterTower TheatreOral Fixation brings the best stories of season 3 back to the stage. Hear the fans’ favorite true life tales at WaterTower Theatre in Addison.
- The Breaking Winds @ BuzzBrews Kitchen
Tuesday, September 16Buzzbrews Kitchen - Lemmon AvenueThe Breaking Winds Bassoon Quartet performs pop culture hits with some comedy mixed in. Catch the show at Buzzbrews in Dallas.
- Comfort in Color by Sheila Hill
Through Saturday, September 27Fort Worth Community Arts Center (FWCAC)Artist Sheila Hill celebrates color through her paintings in the exhibition “Comfort in Color.” See the works at Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
- JAX by Stormie Parker
Through Saturday, September 27Fort Worth Community Arts Center (FWCAC)Artist Stormie Parker has gone from creating functional pottery to sculpting animated characters with peculiar personalities. The creatures are on display in “JAX” at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
- Antony and Cleopatra
Wednesday, September 17 through Sunday, September 28Samuell-Grand AmphitheatreSee Shakespeare Dallas’ production of one of the bard's greatest tragedies at Samuell-Grand Amphitheatre in Dallas.
- Existential Variety Improv Laboratory (E.V.I.L.)
Wednesday, September 17 through Friday, May 15, 2015Bath House Cultural CenterCheck out this live improv experiment in which foolishness is celebrated and absurdity revered. Clowns are created at Bath House Cultural Center.
On Friday, members of the Dallas community met at SMU to view a live telecast of the opening of the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto. The museum may be in Canada, but Dallas’ connection has already started.
Three videos from the Denton singer’s new album, all shot in KXT’s studio.
Looking for a good book for your Little Kiddle? Here’s the list you’ve been waiting for, plus a list of fun for you to check out while you’re checking out those books.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Prada Marfa avoids being shut down; a man falls nearly 15 feet at AT&T Stadium over the weekend; the “kissing bug” is spreading across Texas; and more.
Congratulations to Marjan Smeijsters of Nijmegen, Netherlands the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest!
Sept. 15 - 21On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - The PBS series Art 21 debuts its seventh season on KERA next month. This hour, we’ll get a taste of new energy in the contemporary art world with Susan Sollins, Art 21's executive producer and curator.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Works by Dallas filmmaker, David Lowery
- Thursday, 11:30 p.m.: Film School Shorts II
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show