- Opening Reception: Material Matters
Friday, October 31WoCA Projects15 artists from across the country have participated in the juried exhibition “Material Matters.” The artists experiment with materials to create a social commentary, and the show opens at WoCA Projects in Fort Worth.
- Mosaic Festival 2014
Saturday, November 1Plaza TheatreCelebrate cultural diversity with music and dance from around the world. Join the festivities at Plaza Theatre in Garland.
- Two Crafty Jackals: The Animal Fable of Kalilah and Dimnah
Saturday, November 1Crow Collection of Asian ArtThis animal fable will be brought to life through performances by the Ismaili Muslim Youth Choir and Cultural Group as part of the Crow Collection’s “Adventure Asia” program.
- Bob Wills Fiddle Festival & Contest
Through Sunday, November 2Greenville Municipal AuditoriumThis festival and concert goes on all weekend and features performances by top fiddlers from all over the country. Head to the Greenville Municipal Auditorium for all the festivities.
- EXHIBIT3 Grand Opening - Bishop Arts Newest Gallery
Sunday, November 2EXHIBIT3 - GalleryColorful Day of the Dead artwork and panoramic landscapes are on display for the grand opening of the Exhibit3 Gallery in Dallas.
The photo website chive.com presents a festival chock-full of music, games, and a few surprises.
Recognizing outstanding contributions to the Center, the 14 groups it houses, all the organizations it serves and the Jazz and Cabaret series it presents.
Nytesia Ross of Tyler wins a nationwide poetry contest, performs at Kennedy Center.
Lyric Stage presents the musical as it was meant to be seen – splash-less ending and all. KERA’s Shelley Kenneavy gets a taste of what makes this musical and this company so different.
This week on Frame of Mind, watch a funny and down to earth documentary about a small town’s mayoral elections.
Oct. 27 - Nov. 2On KERA Radio This Week
- Wednesday, 1 p.m.: Think - November is National Novel Writing Month. This hour, we’ll learn why we’re just four weeks away from our first book with Chris Baty, author of No Plot? No Problem! A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days.
- Thursday, 12 p.m.: Think - As Content Director of TED, Kelly Stoetzel travels the world in search of compelling people with wisdom to share. This hour, we’ll talk to the Dallas native and SMU graduate about how TED has grown into a global intellectual force and a KERA weekend staple.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Tomato Republic
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Michael Feinstein at the Rainbow Room
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Austin City Limits: Tweedy
- Friday, 11 p.m.: Live From the Artists Den VIII: Jason Mraz
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show