- First Concert Series Presents Songs from a Park Bench: A Musical Revue
Sunday, May 19First Presbyterian Church of DallasHear songs from your favorite musicals in Songs from a Park Bench: A Musical Revue. Catch the concert Sunday night at First Presbyterian Church of Dallas.
- The Texas Voices Present The Singers Celebrate: A Celebration of 10 Years in Song
Sunday, May 19Mesquite Arts CenterThe Texas Voices wraps up its season Sunday night with a 10th anniversary celebration. The chamber choir performs works by contemporary American composers at the Mesquite Arts Center.
Guest blogger Bart Weiss writes that a trip to the Central American country for the annual Input Conference was a reminder of the role a free press serves.
This Week in Texas Music History, we’ll follow a songwriter down country music’s “lost highway.”
In the Saturday Spotlight, it’s a night of art openings all over Dallas!
Cas Haley performs a CD release party at That Guy’s Coffee tonight in Paris, Texas. Which gives us an excuse to post one of KXT’s best On the Road videos. Enjoy.
Guest blogger Danielle Georgiou writes that “she’s blowing up” takes on a whole new connotation when referencing Paris-based installation artist Anne Ferrer.
May 13-19On KERA Radio This Week
- Tuesday, noon: Think - How did two Americans recover important art works by Donatello, Michelangelo and others from Nazi looters? We’ll talk this hour with Robert Edsel, who takes us back to 1944 to retrace the steps of artist Deana Keller, and scholar Fred Hartt in his book Saving Italy: The Race to Rescue a Nation's Treasures from the Nazis.
- Wednesday, 1 p.m.: Think - How do words and their meanings color our experience with possibility and how does our changing language keep us learning? We’ll spend this hour with Grant Barrett and Martha Barnette, hosts of the popular public radio show A Way With Words. The pair appears at the Lakewood Theater Thursday evening.
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Monday, 9 p.m.: Fake or Fortune? - Van Dyck: What Lies Beneath
- Tuesday, 10 p.m.: Journey of the Bonesetter's Daughter
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Austin City Limits - The Shins; Dr. Dog
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Great Performances at the Met - Rigoletto
- Sunday, 7 a.m..: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show