Wednesday, August 20Three LinksThis London-based alt-pop band plays a concert at Three Links in Dallas with Sun Club and Nite opening the show.
- HOMECOMING! Private Practice
Through Saturday, August 30Artspace111The Homecoming! Committee art collective is taking a look at the sum of its parts for this exhibition at Artspace111 in Fort Worth.
- ''Ctrl+V: Collage at KHFA''
Through Saturday, September 13Kirk Hopper Fine ArtA group of artists use collage to bring life to their concepts and ideas in this exhibition at Kirk Hopper Fine Art in Dallas.
Hear Ken Burns talk about and get a sneak peak at his latest production on the political powerhouse family, the Roosevelts.
Do, do, do what you’ve done, done, done before baby. Sign up for the Big Deal.
Imbibe the vitality and diversity of dance North Texas has to offer with this Big Deal.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Gov. Rick Perry turns himself in – then goes out for ice cream; recent rains aren’t helping North Texas lakes; a Denton college is housing students at the Holiday Inn; and more.
Tardy bell’s ringing! Get out and have some fun before summer is over.
Aug 18-24On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - One of the joys of reading is imagining how the characters, settings and other details look. We'll talk this hour about how we form those images in our minds with Peter Mendelsund, Associate Art Director for Alfred A Knopf Books. He writes about the topic in What We See When We Read (Vintage Books).
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Monday, 10 p.m.: When Dallas Rocked (repeats Sat. 10:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, 7 p.m.: The Hit Men: Former Stars of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons (repeats Fri. 9:30 p.m. and Sun. 4 p.m.)
- Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.: The Fab Four: The Ultimate Beatles Tribute (repeats Sat. 10 p.m.)
- Wednesday, 7 p.m.: Straight No Chaser: Live in New York City
- Wednesday, 8:30 p.m.: Gino Vanelli: Live in L.A. (repeats Thurs. 10:30 p.m.)
- Friday, 7:30 p.m.: Great Performances: Andrea Bocelli: Love in Portofino (repeats Sun. 2 p.m.)
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show