Wednesday, August 20Three LinksThis London-based alt-pop band plays a concert at Three Links in Dallas with Sun Club and Nite opening the show.
- HOMECOMING! Private Practice
Through Saturday, August 30Artspace111The Homecoming! Committee art collective is taking a look at the sum of its parts for this exhibition at Artspace111 in Fort Worth.
- ''Ctrl+V: Collage at KHFA''
Through Saturday, September 13Kirk Hopper Fine ArtA group of artists use collage to bring life to their concepts and ideas in this exhibition at Kirk Hopper Fine Art in Dallas.
Tardy bell’s ringing! Get out and have some fun before summer is over.
Aspen’s new downtown art museum – designed by a Pritzker Prize-winning architect – has just opened – with celebratory fireworks and commissioned exhibitions from a noted Chinese artist. Oh yes, and also protests, calls for boycotts and controversies about tortoises, iPads and height restrictions.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: the latest on Gov. Rick Perry’s indictment; the State Fair of Texas names the top new foods at this year’s fair; a tick can make you allergic to meat; and more.
Full Gallop finds the great fashion empress Diana Vreeland just after she lost her empire – she’d been fired from Vogue. In the one-woman play at WaterTower Theatre, Diana Sheehan portrays a taut, vivid Vreeland.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: DART launches light-rail service to D/FW International Airport; Gov. Rick Perry fights back against his indictment; a Dallas executive writes about “white privilege;” and more.
Aug 18-24On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - One of the joys of reading is imagining how the characters, settings and other details look. We'll talk this hour about how we form those images in our minds with Peter Mendelsund, Associate Art Director for Alfred A Knopf Books. He writes about the topic in What We See When We Read (Vintage Books).
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Monday, 10 p.m.: When Dallas Rocked (repeats Sat. 10:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, 7 p.m.: The Hit Men: Former Stars of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons (repeats Fri. 9:30 p.m. and Sun. 4 p.m.)
- Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.: The Fab Four: The Ultimate Beatles Tribute (repeats Sat. 10 p.m.)
- Wednesday, 7 p.m.: Straight No Chaser: Live in New York City
- Wednesday, 8:30 p.m.: Gino Vanelli: Live in L.A. (repeats Thurs. 10:30 p.m.)
- Friday, 7:30 p.m.: Great Performances: Andrea Bocelli: Love in Portofino (repeats Sun. 2 p.m.)
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show