- Avant Chamber Ballet presents Free Chamber Music Series - Program #1 Mozart and Mendelssohn
Thursday, December 12First United Methodist Church - DallasThe dancers of Avant Chamber Ballet perform alongside live musicians from the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. The first concert in this Chamber Music Series features the music of Mozart and Mendelssohn at First United Methodist Church in Dallas.
- KXT Presents: Brett Dennen and Jeremy Messersmith// KXT Holiday Concert Series
Thursday, December 12Granada TheaterKXT kicks off its Holiday Concert Series with a show at the Granada Theater in Dallas. Dallas-based band Catamaran opens for Jeremy Messersmith and West Coast singer-songwriter Brett Dennen.
- Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings
Through Sunday, December 22Historic Finley TheaterThe Plaids are headed back to Earth to deliver some holiday harmony. “Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings” includes amped-up Christmas standards, and you can see Sherman Community Players’ production at the Historic Finley Theater in Sherman.
Congratulations to Omar Awad of Dallas, the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest!
Sign up for this holiday extravaganza!
The Big Deal: ‘Color: American Photography Transformed’ Exhibition Book By The Amon Carter Museum of American Art
Add some ‘Color’ to your library with this Big Deal.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Chanel invades Dallas; the top 10 dogs of the Icepocalypse; a lawsuit about an expensive piece of art, and more.
Make up for last weekend’s freeze with one of these family friendly holiday events!
Dec. 9- 15 On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m. Think - As Christmas nears, movie studios are unveiling the best they’ve got in hopes of luring audiences and building cases for Oscar nominations. We’ll find out this hour which films are worth the price of admission from our favorite local film critics: Chris Vognar of The Dallas Morning News, Chris Kelly of Texas Monthly and KERA’s Stephen Becker.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Monday, 7 p.m.: Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas (repeats Wed. 8:30 p.m.)
- Monday, 8:30 p.m.: Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii (repeats Sun. 12 a.m.)
- Tuesday, 9 p.m.: Alfie Boe, Storyteller at the Royal Albert Hall, London
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: The Mavericks: In Time
- Friday, 7:30 p.m.: Burt Bacharach's Best (repeats Sat. 1:30 pm)
- Friday, 9 p.m.: Trans Siberian Orchestra’s The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Ed Sullivan's Top Performers 1966-1969
- Saturday, 8:30 p.m.: American Masters: Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train a Comin’
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Who Live in Texas '75
- Sunday, 1:30 a.m.: Lawrence Welk Holiday Special: Great Moments and Memories
- Sunday, 4 p.m.: II Volvo Buon Natale
- Sunday, 7 p.m.: Oscar Hammerstein II: Out of My Dreams
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show