- Art Reception: Paint Tails and Trails by solo artist Julie Grim
Thursday, September 18Elm Street StudioCheck out paintings of pets and Texas landscapes in this exhibition. It opens at Elm Street Studio.
- Hometown Artists: An Interview between Christopher Blay and Anthony Mariani
Thursday, September 18Centraltrak: The UT Dallas Artists ResidencyThe talk series “Tete-a-Tete” kicks off with a conversation about artists who work and exhibit where they live and the struggle to support oneself while supporting the artistic community. Catch the conversation at CentralTrak in Dallas.
- Sammons Cabaret: Teddy Davey
Thursday, September 18Sammons Center for the ArtsHead to the Sammons Center for the Arts for a cabaret performance highlighting the music of lyricist team Marilyn and Alan Bergman. Teddy Davey performs songs and stories in “On My Way to You.”
North Texas filmmaker, David Lowery, is being showcased on this week’s episode of Frame of Mind. Lowery’s films reflect the word that he uses to sum up his favorite type of filmmaking: handmade.
Yep, Nasher’s artist-in-residence has won the MacArthur Foundation fellowship, the so-called ‘genius’ grant. Lowe’s work combines art with social policy and over a year he developed art galleries and markets in the Vickery Meadow neighborhood.
The Big Deal: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet At The AT&T Performing Arts Center
Win tickets to Shakespeare Dallas’ staged reading of ‘Romeo and Juliet.’
Catch the powerful performance of Sara Evans with the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra.
Win tickets to hear Rick Steves speak about his travels in the Holy Land and why he recommends Americans travel there.
Sept. 15 - 21On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - The PBS series Art 21 debuts its seventh season on KERA next month. This hour, we’ll get a taste of new energy in the contemporary art world with Susan Sollins, Art 21's executive producer and curator.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Works by Dallas filmmaker, David Lowery
- Thursday, 11:30 p.m.: Film School Shorts II
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show