Share a pint with your favorite Shakespearean actor, and show off your knowledge too!
The rare musical that was put up last year by Lyric Stage is recorded for the first time ever.
A plan to have working artists actually living in Dallas’ Arts District will now have them rubbing shoulders with wealthy neighbors. A 39-unit, low-cost housing project now will also be a luxury tower with storefront retail. All part of the plan, actually.
This week, we talk to the festival’s founder about why the area is actually overdue for a festival like this.
Congratulations to Guy Reynolds of Dallas, the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest.
Feb. 23 - March 1On KERA Radio This Week
- Tuesday, 1 p.m.: Think - With Hollywood’s awards season just wrapped, we’ve spent a lot of time recently applauding actors. This hour, David Thompson, author of Why Acting Matters talks about the art of acting – and what we can learn from playing characters ourselves.
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - In September, Jeannette Walls’ memoir, A Glass Castle, was one of seven books suspended by the Highland Park school district. This hour, she'll talk about her about the book – which has since been put back on the district’s reading list – and her appearance at this weekend’s Highland Park Literary Festival.
- Saturday, 5 p.m.: A Prairie Home Companion
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Front and Center - Richie Sambora
- Friday, 9:30 p.m.: Great Performances - La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema
- Friday, 11 p.m.: Austin City Limits - 2014 Hall of Fame Special
- Saturday, 7 p.m.: Motown 25:Yesterday, Today, Forever
- Saturday, 9:30 p.m.: Soundstage: Chicago Blues Summit
- Sunday, 2:30 p.m.: The Big Band Years
- Sunday, 4:30 p.m.: Magic Moments: The Best of 50s Pop