Next week, VideoFest will open its 27th edition with an event that’s part film, part music. The Dallas Chamber Symphony will perform a brand-new score that syncs up with Alfred Hitchcock’s silent film, The Lodger. This week, we talk to the man who will be conducting the musicians that night.
Films created by high schoolers at Greenhill School are being showcased on this week’s episode of Frame of Mind. Their films have a level of sophistication you wouldn’t expect to see from high schoolers.
Amazing shots of Future Islands, Blitzen Trapper, Local Natives and much much more from Deep Ellum last weekend.
Sharpen your paintbrush. Time to sign up for Art Conspiracy.
It’s baaack. It’s time for Dallas VideoFest.
Sept. 29 - Oct. 5On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 12 p.m.: Think - Between texting and tweeting, the English language is suffering through tough times. We’ll talk this hour about how we can reclaim the art of prose with Steven Pinker, author of The Sense of Style: The Thinking Person’s Guide to Writing in the 21st Century.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Tuesday, 9 p.m.: Makers- Women in Comedy
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Films from Greenhill School
- Thursday, 10:30 p.m.: Film School Shorts II
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Austin City Limits Celebrates 40 years
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Austin City Limits: Coldplay
- Friday, 11 p.m.: Live From the Artists Den VIII: Tim McGraw
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show