For this week’s Art & Seek Spotlight, we’re going all over North Texas to check out art at the 29th Annual DADA Fall Gallery Walk and Bike Swarm. From Denton to Oak Cliff, there are more than 35 galleries to stop at showing everything from paintings and sculptures to colonial era tribal art and works […]
Only two years ago, the Dallas Opera was hurting so bad, it had cut its season down to three shows. This season it’s back up to five, and the company’s $15 million budget is balanced. Again.
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, the 2012 debut novel by Dallas writer Ben Fountain, will be adapted for the big screen.
Dawe is attracting attention around the country. We tagged along to watch him install a piece here in Dallas last Spring and learn how his childhood in Mexico sparked an interest in embroidery.
Dallas filmmaker talks about filming in New Zealand, and, hopefully, here in Dallas with Robert Redford.
Sept. 15 - 21On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - The PBS series Art 21 debuts its seventh season on KERA next month. This hour, we’ll get a taste of new energy in the contemporary art world with Susan Sollins, Art 21's executive producer and curator.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Frame of Mind: Works by Dallas filmmaker, David Lowery
- Thursday, 11:30 p.m.: Film School Shorts II
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show