- Professor's Corner: Thomas Hardy's Poetry
Wednesday, December 11Denton Public Library - South BranchThe poetry of Thomas Hardy is highlighted in a presentation at the Denton Public Library’s South Branch. Hardy’s down-to-earth approach will be discussed as part of the Professor’s Corner Series.
- Royal Holiday
Wednesday, December 11Irving Arts CenterThe Lone Star Youth Orchestra will be joined by alumni for the concert “Royal Holiday.” Hear symphonic stunners and holiday favorites at the Irving Arts Center.
- Lexis Broadway Series: Porgy and Bess
Through Sunday, December 22Winspear Opera HouseHead to the Winspear Opera House in Dallas for a classic American musical. See the Gershwins’ masterpiece, Porgy and Bess.
Congratulations to Omar Awad of Dallas, the winner of the Flickr Photo of the Week contest!
Sign up for this holiday extravaganza!
The Big Deal: ‘Color: American Photography Transformed’ Exhibition Book By The Amon Carter Museum of American Art
Add some ‘Color’ to your library with this Big Deal.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Chanel invades Dallas; the top 10 dogs of the Icepocalypse; a lawsuit about an expensive piece of art, and more.
Make up for last weekend’s freeze with one of these family friendly holiday events!
Dec. 9- 15 On KERA Radio This Week
- Thursday, 1 p.m. Think - As Christmas nears, movie studios are unveiling the best they’ve got in hopes of luring audiences and building cases for Oscar nominations. We’ll find out this hour which films are worth the price of admission from our favorite local film critics: Chris Vognar of The Dallas Morning News, Chris Kelly of Texas Monthly and KERA’s Stephen Becker.
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Monday, 7 p.m.: Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas (repeats Wed. 8:30 p.m.)
- Monday, 8:30 p.m.: Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii (repeats Sun. 12 a.m.)
- Tuesday, 9 p.m.: Alfie Boe, Storyteller at the Royal Albert Hall, London
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: The Mavericks: In Time
- Friday, 7:30 p.m.: Burt Bacharach's Best (repeats Sat. 1:30 pm)
- Friday, 9 p.m.: Trans Siberian Orchestra’s The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
- Friday, 10 p.m.: Ed Sullivan's Top Performers 1966-1969
- Saturday, 8:30 p.m.: American Masters: Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train a Comin’
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Who Live in Texas '75
- Sunday, 1:30 a.m.: Lawrence Welk Holiday Special: Great Moments and Memories
- Sunday, 4 p.m.: II Volvo Buon Natale
- Sunday, 7 p.m.: Oscar Hammerstein II: Out of My Dreams
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show