- Mozart & More
Wednesday, September 3Liberty Hall TheaterHear the music of Mozart and Schubert in a concert for strings, piano, clarinet, and soprano at Liberty Hall Theater in Tyler.
- Off Broadway on Flora Series: Buyer & Cellar
Through Saturday, September 6Dallas City Performance HallThe inaugural season of the Off Bway on Flora Series brings you a one-man show about an actor who takes a job in Barbra Streisand’s Malibu basement.
- Lecture Series: Water Matters in American Art
Through Wednesday, December 3Amon Carter Museum of American ArtThis series starts off with an overview of water’s place in American art. Hear the lecture at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Texas’ voter ID law trial starts today; grief counselors will be on hand in Dallas ISD after students are killed in a car crash; the State Fair of Texas names this year’s top new fair foods; and more.
For this week’s Art & Seek Spotlight, we’re making our way to Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth for the second annual Clearfork Music Festival. This kick-off to the Labor Day weekend features craft beers and art installations as well as music by The Burning Hotels, Larry G(EE), and others. For more information on the Clearfork […]
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Dallas DanceFest is back, Dallas Farmer’s Market opens its major renovation in time for Labor Day weekend, and more.
Six small theater and dance companies are headed to the sixth-floor Studio Theatre in the Wyly. Each has a one-shot show between now and spring. Is the Elevator Project going to take them anywhere?
Five stories that have North Texas talking: The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will simulcast The AT&T Gala at Klyde Warren Park, strange street names in North Texas neighborhoods, and more.
Sept. 1 - 7On KERA Radio This Week
- Wednesday, 12 p.m.: Think -The Galapagos Islands are home to half-ton tortoises, tropical albatrosses, blue-footed boobies and other colorful creatures. We’ll get to know the inhabitants of this remote archipelago in the Pacific with Jeff Corwin, who narrates Nature’s Wonderland: Galapagos 3D. The film opens this weekend at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Thursday, 1 p.m.: Think - The Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center turns 25 this year. We’ll talk this hour about one of the anchors of the Dallas Arts District with KERA arts reporter Jerome Weeks and Laurie Shulman, author of The Meyerson Symphony Center. KERA’s Art&Seek marks the anniversary with a series of radio reports and an interactive web site called “Secrets of the Meyerson.”
- Saturday, 10 p.m.: The Moth Radio Hour
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Sunday, 9 p.m.: Song Travels with Michael Feinstein
- Thursday, 10 p.m.: Frame of Mind - Swingman
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Front and Center: Tom Odell
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Frozen Music
- Saturday, 3:30 p.m.: Great Performances - Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell
- Sunday, 1 p.m.: Great Performances from the Met - La Cenerentola
- Sunday, 7 a.m.: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show