- Summer At La Scala: Don Giovanni
Tuesday, June 18Angelika Film Center - The Shops at LegacyMozarts ultimate bad boy seduces women, commits murder and ultimately gets his just desserts in the opera Don Giovanni. See La Scalas production on the big screen at the Angelika Film Centers in Dallas and Plano.
- Levitt Pavilion Concert Series: Lone Star Circus Children's Show
Wednesday, June 19Levitt Pavilion ArlingtonThe Lone Star Circus heads to Arlington for an outdoor performance. See jugglers, acrobats, and clowns at the Levitt Pavilion.
- OPENING UP SOLO EXHIBIT OF iPAD PAINTINGS FROM ARTIST DANIEL LEIGHTON
Through Friday, June 21W.A.A.S GalleryDaniel Leighton uses his iPad and Augmented Reality technology to tell the story of his life journey. See his iPad paintings in Opening Up at WAAS Gallery in Dallas.
- Karin Broker's ''Trouble in Paradise''
Through Saturday, July 6Kirk Hopper Fine ArtBad boyfriends, quirky family problems, and death are all inspiration for Karin Brokers work in the exhibition Trouble in Paradise. Her sculptures and 2D works are on display at Kirk Hopper Fine Art in Dallas.
Check out the Junior for fun in Fort Worth this weekend.
This year, Norway celebrates the 150th birthday of one of its cultural treasures, Edvard Munch. Here’s your chance to join the party via your local movie theater.
Guest blogger Gail Sachson writes that this story of survival at the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance resonates today.
Meet the young duo who might represent the future of metal.
The art duo Chuck & George have playfully grotesque works in three concurrent shows — including an installation at Conduit Gallery that’s their most ambitious, ingenious work, a little house of mirrors, all of them filled with Chuck & George
June 17-23On KERA Radio This Week
- Sunday, 6 p.m.: Studio 360
- Tuesday, 9 p.m.: Tomlinson Hill
- Thursday, 11 p.m.: Austin City Limits - Spoon
- Friday, 8 p.m.: Broadway or Bust
- Friday, 9 p.m.: Great Performances - Dance in America: 'NY Export: Opus Jazz'
- Sunday, 1 p.m.: Great Performances at the Met – Aida
- Sunday, 7 a.m..: Acoustic Cafe
- Sunday, 8 p.m.: The Paul Slavens Show